List Archives

RE: the 2000 album

  • Subject: RE: the 2000 album
  • From: "Doxtator, Edward" <edoxtator@sp...com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:55:02 -0700

Poochrec1@ao...com said:

>> To whom this may concern,
>>
>>    Look, as far as I'm concerned, the only truly good blue
>> aeroplanes album
>> was "Tolerance."  Let us try to remember other great bands
>> such as "The Railway Children," "The Close Lobsters," "Flesh For Lulu,"
"The Mighty
>> Way," "The Mighty Lemon Drops," and "the Primitives."
>>
>>    I'm glad to hear that the boys are coming out with a new album; it's
>> about damn time!

Hmmm... considering the number of bands (or solo artists) that have gone
through the Aeros, I think it's legit to consider other bands.  No
influence
to big or too small, I say.

I thought the purpose of a mailing list was to foster discussion re:
music,
and Aeros-related music, even if that relationship is purely through the
musings of one fan saying, "I like this as well as The Blue Aeroplanes".
I've been on other lists that have had this sort of "seeing the topic
through a microscope" and it kills any interesting discussion that might
result.

Besides, I like Massive Attack, The Homer Lounge, Robyn Hitchcock, and The
Jazz Butcher.  But I steer clear of Michelle Shocked.

And just to be ornery, the Beatles cover band I'm in is playing a gig on
Saturday night here in Chicago at the Old Town School Of Folk Music, 909
W.
Armitage (not the new building on Lincoln), 6.30 PM.  We'll be doing the
"Hard Day's Night" soundtrack album in its entirety, including "This Boy",
which wasn't included on the soundtrack, but does appear in the film.

-Doc

---
The Blue Aeroplanes mailing list.