List Archives

Fleeced

  • Subject: Fleeced
  • From: "Paul Vearncombe" <paul.vearncombe@bt...com>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 05:31:49 -0700

Fantastic gig at the Fleece last night.  The band were on top form but a
shame Wojtek couldn't make it.  Looking after the kids, apparently.  The
live version of "Cavaliers" is the best thing I've ever heard them do.

Anyway, fans of the "Weird Shit" tape might be interested to know that a
version has now been put onto CD and is being sold at gigs for a tenner.
The track listing is different - no "Paper Plane", for example, but
instead we get an intense 1983 version of "Vade Mecum Gunslinger" with
just Gerard and his brother playing the drums insanely.  Well worth it,
and will be in the shops early next year as an official release,
apparently.

Had a chat with Gerard - the full album has been delayed on account of
working with the new line up.  They're so good as a band that Gerard
decided to go back into the studio and rerecord the album and work on some
new material.  The latest thing, apparently, is a song called "A Tree Full
of Starlings", which ends with a recording of a tree full of starlings.
Gerard has been keen to get the Aeros back to doing more "arty" stuff and
it certainly sounds like they're going that way.  New album now expected
in March or April.

Oh, and fans of the Art Objects - did you know you can still get the "Hard
Objects" EP?  I got mine from Ann Sheldon at the gig (expensive night last
night) but have a look at these sites if you're interested:

http://www.sugarshackrecords.co.uk/
http://www.heartbeat-productions.co.uk/

Time to go and nurse that hangover.

PV