List Archives

List news

  • Subject: List news
  • From: "Steve Thomas" <planesmail@st...net>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 00:13:40 -0700

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! Best wishes for the new year as
well!

Just some list news...

Sometime in the next day or two I'll be moving the list over to a new mail
server.

The move should be seamless. If you have problems sending to the list or
subscribing/unsubscribing, email me at list-help@st...net.

The technical details -
The list has been running on the VOPMail server from Vircom - an excellent
product. I've recently (finally!) jumped into the unix/linux world, and am
setting up my primary sthomas.net server as linux (it's been NT for 2+
years). I'm also going to be receiving mail for the sthomas.net domain
(including the lists) on this server, hence the move.

For the MUD players -
I'm looking at running a MUD game. If there's any players out there, any
suggestions for a freeware/open-source MUD would be great. I'm currently
evaluating ScryMUD (http://scry.wanfear.com/). You can telnet to
telnet://toto.sthomas.net:4000 if you'd like to play. There's also a
web-based java client for it, but I don't have it set up yet.

That's all for now...

Steve

---
The Blue Aeroplanes mailing list.