List Archives

RE: Kimberley Rew (was Hazel Winter)

  • Subject: RE: Kimberley Rew (was Hazel Winter)
  • From: "Doxtator, Edward" <edoxtator@sp...com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:44:37 -0700

It never is.  Couple of years ago, I saw Bob Geldof and his band do a
lovely
set over at the now-defunct Avalon Nightclub.  At the end of the show,
when
it was time to do the band introductions, Bob got to the keyboard player
and
said that they had a bit of a celebrity in that fellow-- he was the piano
player for the 1983 UK Eurovision entry!  The guy was so embarassed he put
towel over his head.  Geldof went on to explain that, "For those of you
who
are unfamiliar with it, the Eurovision is an exhaustive search throughout
Europe, Britan, Ireland, and other parts for the most crap song.  And they
do manage to find it, consistently, every year.  It is a source of
national
pride that Turkey has a cummulative score of naught throughout the history
of the Eurovision song competiton."

> Then a few days later he popped up on "Never Mind The Buzzcocks", a
> music game show. One of the rounds is a 'pick the ex-pop star from
> a line-up' sort of thing. We had a quick clip of Katrina & The Waves
> from TOTP, then he and the decoys shambled on. The team failed to
> pick him out though, having taken the piss out of him for looking like
> Shaggy from Scooby-Doo. Mark Lamarr (the host) managed to mention as
> he exited that he's currently playing with The Soft Boys. And, err,
> that was it.

I do miss that show.

Hey, my screen's gone pink.  I kid you not.  It's a Pink World.

-Doc

---
The Blue Aeroplanes mailing list.