List Archives

RE: RE: Various things

  • Subject: RE: RE: Various things
  • From: "Doxtator, Edward" <edoxtator@sp...com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:55:56 -0700

Dave Ungar sez:

> I agree that we can/should have other discussions going on - but
> maybe people can try to get all of their thoughts into one email,
> instead of posting five in a row.  (We can have multiple subjects
> in a single message.)  All of this activity is great, and I hope
> it continues - but it was a bit overwhelming yesterday.

I do agree.  I'd also like to suggest one other tiny thing:  if you're
replying to someone's post, cut out all the text you _aren't_ replying to.
My bad grammar aside, getting rid of all the extra text is:

   1. A nice thing to do for the people reading your e-mail.
   2. It's also a VERY nice thing to do for folks who have
      slowish connections, or have to pay exorbitant toll
      charges on phone calls (like our UK buddies), who
      are wasting money downloading text they've already read.

If you are using a web site that can send e-mail in Rich Text or HTML
format
such as Hotmail or Yahoo!, make sure your settings will send an e-mail out
as "text only" format.  Not everyone has an e-mail reader which can handle
HTML.  The writer may not get all the sexy fonts, but everyone will be
able
to read your words-- which is the point of the exercise.

> Thanks.  Carry on.  Just to show that I like reading all of the
> email, I'll give you a topic: What are the coolest, most
> inspirational, most insipid, funniest, and most profound BA lyrics?
(that's 5
> items - not one item that meets all 5 criteria.)

Hurm... narf!

For me, there's little "funny" Aeros stuff.  Even Rodney's drunken "Get
Out!" doesn't make me laugh, but it does qualify for "Insipid".

But I do dig "Cardboard Box", and the first five off of "Swagger".  Those
5
tunes are perfection to me.

-Doc

---