List Archives

RE: RE: top bands

  • Subject: RE: RE: top bands
  • From: "Dave Ungar" <verbal.kint@ly...com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:24:08 -0700

I wonder if I fit in - although I like The Church, they are not among my
absolute favorites, which are (in no order):

Joy Division
Go-Betweens (Steve Kilbey(?) & Grant McLennan formed Jack Frost - that's
as close as I get to The Church being a favorite.)
Velvet Underground
Neil Young
Lloyd Cole
Captain Beefheart
Jazz Butcher
BluePlanes
Mark Mulcahy  (Maybe touring with Gerard & Steve Wynn this summer I
heard? - cool.)
Yo La Tengo
King Crimson  (They are about to go on tour - opening for TOOL, of all
bands.)
Dumptruck
Replacements
The Fall
Love & Rockets  (.. and not Bauhaus, so much... Like 'em... Think L&R is
better.)

.. And I dig all others of their ilk -
-Dave

--